Thursday, April 8, 2010

I'm Back!!!!

I can not believe it has been so long since I posted! I have been so busy at work...well, at home with work! I haven't had time to knit, cross-stitch or do much of anything....but work!!!

I did begin Chapter 2 in Fearless Knitting! Anyone with me! I have the rib-stitch sampler finished! I did it while watching the movie Precious with my daughters. Wow, what a movie! Have any of you seen it! It left us quiet for a while....then it got me to thinking. I am not ready to share what I am thinking yet. I am not really sure. It is such a powerful film with a powerful story.

Anyway, because of being enthralled in the movie...a good excuse anyway :o)....I did not pay much attention to gauge. What do ya know....that does happen to be my weakness in knitting doesn't it? LOL

I used Lion Brand worsted cotton with size 7 straight needles....my 6 needles are otherwise occupied. I only got 5 stitches per inch where the gauge called for 7 stitches and seven rows =1". Me thinks my needle was too large and my knittin' too loose, matey!

I'll post a pic later. It is too late to bother with it now!

I am not going to redo this however. I am perfectly comfortable with rib stitch. I will say I find doing 2x2 ribbing easier and quicker. I also like the look of it better than the 1x1. Each has its purpose, though.

I will pay more attention to gauge next round. I guess I had better head to my LYS and get another pair of #6 needles! Poor me.............

No comments:

Post a Comment